Educational battles rage in class

Paige Milota runs an intense Kahoot competition in one of the many business classes she teaches during the day. (PHOTO: Brylee Davis)

Jacob Dugar, Editor

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to a other story in Cat Tracks. In this article, the paper will be discussing games that teachers use with their students, and how the kids feel about them.

Let us start with our first contestant, Paige Milota, who teaches Web Comm and Personal Finance.

She uses Kahoot in order to make reviewing for her students easier and more fun than just sitting at home looking over sheets of notes.

Freshman Katie Dugar said, “I learn quicker with Kahoot, and it’s nice to be competitive.”

Next up is World Culture and American History teacher Shane Clapper.

He frequently uses a Jeopardy-style game, and the winning team gets extra credit for their efforts.

Johanna Carrasco, freshman, said, “Jeopardy is a fun way to retain the information while being able to compete against your peers.”

Our final contestant is math teacher Dana Hess. She utilizes many different styles of review games, including the classics like Bingo and Jeopardy.

Junior Jacee Marchant said, “It makes learning or reviewing the material much more enjoyable, which helps me learn better. However, when there are rowdy kids in the mix, it can be a mess.”

This concludes our first segment in this story of Cat Tracks.

Tune in after this commercial break to see how they fare against each other in their intense conflicts.