Three class presidents share lessons learned while in office

Seth Jarvis, Editor

Sophomore Jayme Wagner talks to his grade about upcoming Homecoming events, specifically decoration items. (PHOTO: Brylee Davis)

Leadership is an important character trait within people. In this school, there are many students who have accepted the challenge of leading their class.

One of these young politicians is sophomore Jayme Wagner: president of the Class of 2022.

“Both of my sisters were class presidents. It is good for scholarships and I felt respected by the class,” he answered when asked why he decided to take the job.

He explained that he has learned that different kinds of people all want leadership to cater to their wants. It is the job of the president to adapt and deal with them.

Junior Glori Hammye is another president. Historically, junior year in high school is the hardest one to be at the head of the class. One of the most difficult aspects of her presidency has been getting people to volunteer to help. In general, it is always the same people working.   

She is proud of all of the hard work the class has put into raising enough money to fund Prom. The class has come together well to prepare for this giant party.

“We haven’t really gotten started on Prom, but I think it’s going to get  harder. There are going to be arguments in the class, too.”

She thinks that a good president is someone who is focused and does not have a lot going on. This allows them to deal with the difficult job.

Junior Brylee Huber was class president from 2017-2018. She explained that one of the struggles she faced was trying to keep everyone  satisfied with the results of work.

The thing she enjoyed the most was being able to work with the class during the Homecoming parade.