BHS wrestling fans will have limited seating

Mckinley Anderson, Editorial Editor

The debate of spectators in wrestling has been in the air. As far as BHS knows, spectator admission will be limited based on county, school, or state guidelines.

Some meets will not allow spectators. Others will allow one or two vouchers to be handed out similar to volleyball and football, according to an e-mail sent out by the athletic department.

Burlington coaches will be in constant communication with parents. They will be informed about competition details and limitations.

Idioms are sometimes taken from the Latin words, like pro and con. Pro means “for” and con means “against.”

Senior Caedon Berkenmiere says, “A pro [of this situation] would be the motivation it gives you to compete.”

He also later stated, “A con would be losing in front of a crowd vs. losing with no crowd.”

Coach Michael Vander Linden said, “A pro would be the excitement that the spectators bring, and that excitement really builds up for Regionals.”

He also says, “A con would definitely be COVID. The more bodies, the more germs, and the easier it can spread.”

There will be many precautionary actions taken to help fight COVID. There are many key areas that have new rules, and they are making new adjustments.

All students and coaches will have their temperatures taken before coming in the doors. Anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees will be sent home.

This season will be one to watch.

This season will be one to watch.

The Burlington activity room might be unfortunately empty in this upcoming season. (Harley Alford)