Wrestler to tour European countries

Rose Wahlmeier, Editor in Chief

State-qualifying freshman Brett Bober attempts to turn his opponent during a home-court match, which he won easily. He was one of the five wrestlers to make it to State at the end of February. (COURTESY PHOTO)

Freshman Brett Bober will be traveling to Russia in a few weeks to wrestle. He was asked by a coach to join the Junior USA World team. The team will be gone for two weeks. Not only will Brett being going to Russia, but he will also be journeying to Estonia, Finland, and maybe Latvia. “A possible title I could win is Junior World Champ,” he said. “This would be a hard place to obtain because there will be 50-60 other countries there competing.” Not only will he be wrestling in tournaments, but he will receive training with Russians. These camps will help Brett and his team get accustomed to the time change and work on specific moves they need more help on. “I have been working a little extra to improve on my throws, which I need some extra practice on,” he said. Luckily, he will be able to go sight seeing while he is traveling around the world. “I will be going without my parents, though.” He will be leaving in t-minus 38 days from Feb. 18. “I wish Brett the best of luck at his tournament,” says freshman teammate Ethan Totty who himself went to State along with Brett and three other Wildcats. Will the mats is Europe be the same as the mats in the United States? Only time will tell.