Did PlayBHS find their happily ever after?

Delani Nichols, Entertainment Editor

Brylee Huber brings Rapunzel’s evil mother to life during rehearsal. (PHOTO: K. Cole)

Once upon a time, in a far-off high school, there lay a small theatre department. In said theatre department was a show unlike any other, Into The Woods.
The show starts off with a 12 minute prologue. In the prologue, the audience is introduced to a good majority of the characters.
These characters include Narrator (sophomore Seth Jarvis), Cinderella (senior Aliyah Shetler), Jack (senior Tyler Carpenter), Jack’s mom (junior Delani Nichols), The royal family (sophomore Lily Rolf, juniors Megan Saylor and Keegan Kuhlmann, and senior Anna Kitchen.), The Witch (sophomore Brylee Huber), The Baker (senior Jordan Torrez), and his wife senior Sarah Unruh).
Later in the show, they meet the remaining characters, the Giant and Cinderella’s Mom (senior Alli Dunlop), The Wolf and the Steward (freshman Derek Jesse), the princess (freshman Kurt Keegan and sophomore Trevin Myers), and Rapunzel (sophomore Bryleigh Isch).
This story follows a Baker and his wife, who wish to have a child, Cinderella, who wishes to attend the King’s Festival, and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife learn that they cannot have a child because of a Witch’s curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse. Everyone’s wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later with disastrous results.
Along with a great story line, there is a “great” sound track.
Many cast members say their favorite song is “Ever After.” Seth admits he likes this song because he finally gets to showcase his “angelic voice.”
Aliyah commented, “One lesson that I’ve learned being in a all-lead show is that you can’t blend in anymore; you have to be your own person.”
When asked about this show, director Michael VanderLinden said ,“It’s different because everyone is their own lead; 18 leads is the biggest lead show we’ve ever done.” He also said his favorite part is “working with Dan, answering her stupid questions and watching her and others get that ‘Oh Yeah’ moment.”
A lot of other memories were made and when those curtains closed on the last show, the cast lived happily ever after. To be continued…