Fellowship of Christian Athletes makes mark in school

Branden Alford, Editor-in-Chief

“Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit,[a] striving together as one for the faith of the gospel.” Philippians 1:27.

The above verse is the focus for Fellowship of Christian Athletes, or FCA, for the 2017-2018 school year.

FCA president, senior Lauren Suter, said, “We chose this verse because it follows along with our theme this year of ‘One.’ We want to unite the athletes in BHS as one body in Christ as we are called to do in 1 Corinthians 12:12.”

Currently, Fellowship of Christian Athletes  holds a steady membership greater than 50 students spread over every class.

The leadership team includes many different familiar faces from the halls of BHS. Besides Lauren, there are a total of seven other officers, including the following: copresident Cassidy Isch, junior, secretary/treasurer Ashlyn Stevenson, junior, promoters Alli Dunlop, Jace Watkins, and Kirsten Young, juniors, and STUCO representatives Paige Sloyer and Jara Thorp, juniors.

In October, the group sponsored Fields of Faith, the annual event held at the football field that brings together middle and high school students alike for a night of fun, food, worship, and a sermon.

“This year was a huge success!” said Alli. “It was amazing to see so many students gathered together to worship and learn about God’s love.”

Fellowship of Christan Athletes  also sponsored 5th Quarters at the bowling alley after every regular season home football game except Homecoming.

The club meets every second Thursday morning at 7:00, often providing tasty donuts and juice for those in attendance.

“Even if you aren’t a member, we would love to see you at our morning meetings,” said Lauren.

If you have any questions about the FCA group, contact any of the officers or the club’s two sponsors, Doug and Michelle Vander Linden

President Lauren Suter discusses the love of God with members of the club. (PHOTO: Alli Dunlop)