Universe produces positive results by strange means

Abby Crutchfield, Editorial Editor

Have you ever had something bad happen to you that turned out to be a good thing?

One example of this was when junior Brylee Davis somehow got her long hair caught in the spinning blades of a portable fan. She ended up having to chop of about six inches of her long locks. Thankfully, the short style she has now looks fabulous on her.

A second example is that senior Lily Rolf switched schools her freshman year. She said it was really hard for her, but she made a lot of great friends in Burlington.

Another silver lining Lily saw was at the beginning of quarantine. When school was shut down, she had a chance to work more hours and make extra money.

Another positive thing to come out of a not-so-good situation was when sophomore Michelle Deveault wrecked her car. She was thankful that no one was injured in the accident. “I’m now way more cautious when I drive,” she says.

Freshman Jadyn Cheever recently got quarantined and is currently doing online school. She does not love remote learning, but it has given her a chance to really focus on her schoolwork. She also says she has had a little bit of time to reorganize her room.

Ava Beyer, freshman, also liked quarantine. She said it was relaxing. Ava has a pretty busy life, so it was a nice break from the craziness.

Another example from Ava was that, in 2018, her mom was diagnosed with cervix cancer. It was a really hard time for her and her family. Thankfully, her mom got her port out at the end of 2018 and was cancer-free by the beginning of 2019.

“My mom had lung cancer when I was a little kid, but now she’s better and thriving,” says junior Kylie Stevenson. She also says that now her whole family appreciates every day they get to live a little more.

Sometimes life is hard, but it can be easier if one chooses to look on the bright side of things. Blessings often show up when least expected.

Brylee Davis admires her new, short hair in the school bathroom mirror. (Harley Alford)