Third year in school proves to be stressful

Branden Alford, Opinion Editor

by Branden Alford

Courtney Goetz works on her Advanced Algebra homework before school in the commons. She barely finished. (PHOTO: Bryna Huber)

Bryna Huber

Of all the years during high school, it is obvious which one is the easiest: junior (ha lol). It it like all the stress of the others has melted away, leaving nine months that everyone can enjoy. Who really needs any time to sleep, eat, or really have any figment of a life outside of homework? Actually, junior year is like a wrecking ball to our schedules, cramming them with deadlines that always seem to loom. Who really needs organization anyway? Do not even get me started on classes! It’s not like we go home every day to cry over them because of all this stress. Plus, I would like to formally thank the members of the Class of 2018 for their maturity. Drama has really hit a new low this year. And what is that insidious dance we have to plan and raise money for? Oh ya! Prom! Then there’s the small issue of status is this school. We are stuck in the Abyss of Agenitude. We do not know what to do! This abyss is the period in life in which the seniors believe we are not worthy of anything and the freshman are absolutely disrespectful, stealing our tables and chairs rightfully earned through years of hard work and sprinting to the lunch room. Teachers, as well, respect us in the utmost, by not even looking us in the eyes or by calling us our last name, seeing as we are unworthy of our first name. I guess they are not quite sure what to do with us either. To my fellow 64 class members, I leave one positive remark: SENIOR YEAR IS COMING QUICKLY!