Senior scared of entering next stage of life

Mckinley Anderson, Editorial Editors

I never thought adulthood could be so scary. When I think of living on my own I think of freedom.

Now as I get closer to being in college, I am kind of scared to live on my own. I know that some people are ready to get out of the house, but I do not know if I am.

I will be living on my own. I might live with roommates, but there is no guarantee that I will like them or enjoy living with them.

I cannot just run back to Mom when I have a bad day.  I will have bills and school, and a job. I can already sense loneliness.

I think until this year I expected fun and partying and many new friends, but it is kind of scary now that it is getting closer.I am not a kid anymore.

Everything is real now that I am about to go to college. I cannot explain the feeling that I have. All I know is that I am not ready.

Many people in my class talk about how excited they are for their dorm and being on their own. I can agree, but at the same time it’s like I am leaving my childhood behind.

I do not want to go to college and change to become a different person.

I like who I am now; I mean, sure, there are a few things I want to change, but I don’t want to come back and have my friends hating the person I’ve become.

I also do not want to go to college and not have the same relationships I had in high school.

You might think that I’m being dramatic and,  but I’m honestly scared of being an adult and living by myself.

I hope I’m not the only one.