Staffer loves to write

Abby Finlayson, Ad Manager

When I was a sophomore, I was asked to be in journalism. I did not really know what it was; I just knew I got to write. When I joined the class, I realized I loved to write.

I wondered where this came from. Sure, I usually did well with my English classes, but I never expected to be writing in the newspaper.

Then, it hit me. When I was a young girl, I had an app called Wattpad. Anyone who has ever used this app swears by it. Basically, Popes post their own stories that the write.

Some are fan fictions, and some a real stories. Some of the books even got published. My favorite: Magcon Boy fan fiction.

However, as embarrassing as this is to say, I used to write those stories. In eighth grade, our class read The Outsiders. This became my favorite book, and movie, ever. So, when I discovered this app, I began writing a story.

The story actually got quite a lot of views. Everyone seemed to like my writing style although I was 12 years old.

Looking back now, it is a bit funny. I acted as though I was a published author.

However, that is what got me to where I am now. I enjoy (somewhat) writing research papers and newspaper stories.

A couple other girls within newspaper had this app too: junior Haley Haines, sophomore Emmy Furman, and sophomore Allie Schneider. I believe reading this funny, cheesy stories as a kid made me where I am today.

Sure, now I write about serious stuff, not One Direction fan fictions, but it is still fun to reminisce, right?