Student-led gun control movement is sham

Branden Alford, Editor-in-Chief

Three weeks ago, a whole bunch of angry teenagers and adults marched on Washington, D.C. in the so-called March for Our Lives demonstration, featuring speeches from many people, including David Hogg, the “face of the movement.”

Before I take apart and analyze this entire movement, let me say up front that I support every single human’s basic right to speak on and demonstrate peacefully whatever opinion he/she may have. I in no way, shape, or form am condemning those who participated.

Now that that is out of the way, this movement is the biggest sham ever.

Let’s begin with the March for Our Lives mission statement. In it, the movement leaders say, “School safety is not a political issue.” (marchforourlives.com) If they weren’t trying to take this a political route, then why do they proclaim that the only solution to this problem is political action? As a self-proclaimed special interest lobbying group, the entire basis for the movement is hypocritical.

Secondly, the name of this movement, “March for Our Lives,” is not correct. It should be “March for Our Lives, But Only If You Don’t Like Guns or the NRA.”

Every single survivor of the shooting who had something to say should have been provided the opportunity to speak. Only those whose opinion fit the ultra-left rhetoric of the groups sponsors (more on them later) were allowed to speak.

Ever heard of Kyle Kashuv? Don’t feel bad if you haven’t. Kyle was at Parkland High School in one of the rooms the shooter shot into. He is against gun control. The media has black balled him because his opinion is “incorrect.”

The March for Our Lives movement should either be run by ALL students, as they claim to represent, and allow all view points into their events, or they will be just another radical far-left movement.

Finally, the donors to the movement are extremely shady. With big names such as Louis Farrakhan and his fellow human filth cohorts, one has to wonder where the true motives of the movement lie. Also, Planned Parenthood and the Women’s March turn this into a front for liberal agenda, not students’ safety.

Something does need to change. We can all agree on that. However, the March for Our Lives is completely wrong on what needs to be done or how to go about doing it right.